In the backcountry, any confusion about your location can be deadly. Reestablishing your course can expend precious resources and result in tragedy. Wise backcountry experts know they need more than their limited perspective at the moment. They need to get above the terrain and accurately determine their location, destination and the way between. They need a map.
To create your Roadmap, Peak consultants facilitate a collaborative gathering designed to help your team accurately discern:
- The current state of your organization’s people, processes, and performance.
- The ideal future state of your organization in specific detail.
- An outline of critical steps to your ideal future state.
Facilitate a discussion that leads to common understanding of your organization’s story (past, present and future) and an immediate strategy for improvement.
Before the session, Peak consultants survey various stakeholders regarding the health and direction of the organization and distribute a summary of this information for the participants.
During the session, participants work in small groups to create visual descriptions of;
- The current condition of your organization’s people, processes and performance.
- The ideal future state of your organization’s people, processes and performance.
- The critical path to health and success.
- A “Tool Kit” – a list of the inherent strengths/assets of the organization to leverage as you “seize the way.”
- A list of the critical issues with the greatest influence on your organization’s potential.
- A “roadmap” of short-term, actionable assignments that address those critical issues and improve the health and direction of the organization.